I know it is winter time right now, but sometimes we still need to grill our dinners!! Plus, I live in the south, so grilling is really a year long thing 🙂 This meal is just too good not to make year round! My family and I love this. I usually serve it with some brown rice or sweet potatoes! And almost always a side of asparagus! It’s just so yummy! We eat it up!
Grilled Chicken with Apples and Honey
¼ cup white wine (or low-sodium chicken broth)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. raw honey
1/2 tsp. sea salt
4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
½ medium onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat grill or broiler.
2. Combine wine, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Brush chicken breasts evenly with 1 tsp. olive oil.
4. Grill or broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear. Set aside.
5. While chicken is cooking, heat remaining 3 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
6. Add apples, onion, and wine mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until apples are tender and liquid thickens slightly to sauce consistency.
7. Serve apples over chicken.