HEAVEN in my mouth right here!! I tried this recipe a few months ago and can’t get enough of it!! We are a family that loves mexican food! We used to go out and eat it at least once a week… then we started really watching our foods and I started making clean eating versions of our favorite ‘go out to eat’ meals! This one is top notch! Try it now and you’ll be happy you did!!
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of clean salsa
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 low carb whole wheat tortillas, cut into strips
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the ground turkey and onion until brown. Once cooked turn to low and add salsa, black beans and taco seasoning and mix together. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cup of cottage cheese.
- In a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, line the pan with 1/2 of the tortilla strips. Scoop 1/2 of the meat mixture on top and spread out, covering the tortillas. Then add 1/2 of the cheese mix on top of the meat and spread. Repeat the layers again with remaining strips, meat, and cottage cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes and enjoy! Makes 4 servings at 350 calories each.